Website Grace Presbyterian Church
Senior Pastor Job Montgomery, Alabama
Grace Presbyterian Church Senior Pastor Job Montgomery, Alabama
Grace Presbyterian Church in Montgomery, Alabama, is seeking a Senior Pastor.
Grace Presbyterian is an Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) seeking a senior pastor who has
been ordained, or is qualified to be received or ordained in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC).
The pastor is an elder; commonly called a teaching elder. (1 Timothy 5:17) Along with the ruling elders, the pastor has a position of spiritual leadership. The pastor and elders are called to lead the congregation in the development and accomplishment of its vision and mission.
The pastor is a member of the Presbytery and serves as moderator of the Session.
The pastor is called by the congregation and approved by the Presbytery to serve as long as he desires to do so, or the congregation desires him to serve.
The biblical qualifications for a pastor are the same as those for an elder; which are specifically listed in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1. A pastor must always demonstrate these characteristics in his life. No pastor will be a perfect man; however, by God’s grace, he must diligently pursue a godly life and be an example to the congregation of a Spirit-filled Christ follower. The pastor must also possess the gifts of preaching and teaching the Word of God since he is the lead elder in these areas of ministry. Therefore ministry experience is preferred.
The pastor must be in agreement with the essentials and procedures of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church as set forth in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms and the Book of Order. The pastor and his wife must be fully supportive of the vision and values of Grace Presbyterian Church.
Scripture uses the title “pastor-teacher” to refer to those gifted to shepherd God’s people with a primary emphasis on teaching. The pastor is instructed in Scripture “to equip the saints for the work of ministry.” (Ephesians 4:12) The pastor’s primary responsibility is to teach God’s Word “that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:17) In addition to the elder responsibilities, the pastor has the following responsibilities.
1. Give leadership to prayer and worship. With the assistance of the Worship Leader, plan the Sunday morning worship services. Be the lead preacher and be responsible for the preaching schedule. Attend the Prayer and Worship Ministry Team meetings and work closely with the lead elder on the team.
2. As head of staff, oversee the church staff. Facilitate good communication and mutual support among the staff. Lead staff meetings.
3. Share the church’s vision and values with the members and prospective members. Teach the prospective member’s class.
4. With the assistance of the Church Administrator, administrate the daily functions of the church. Attend the Administration and Finance Ministry Team meetings and work closely with the lead elder on the team.
5. Lead the Session. Prepare the agenda and moderate the Session meetings.
6. Assist the Diaconate in the fulfillment of its responsibilities by attending the monthly meetings and working closely with the Chairman. Be the communication bridge between the Session and Diaconate.
7. Provide pastoral counseling for the members and coordinate with area Christian counselors to provide long-term counseling if needed.
8. Shepherd the congregation along with the ruling elders.
Email your information to Search Committee Chair David Miller
1. Personal Information Form
3. Links to Sermons/Classes
Apply online at https://www.redletterjobs.com/job/48360/senior-pastor/
To apply for this job please visit www.redletterjobs.com.